Session Technical Questions:
Before Your First Online Session :
- Click here to download the Zoom meeting client.
- The download should start automatically. When the application has finished downloading, open the downloaded file and install the application.
- When Zoom is finished installing, you can simply close the application. You don’t need to set up an account.
- When you’re ready to join your next session, log in to your student dashboard account, click on Schedule, then click ‘Join’ next to your session within 10 minutes of the scheduled start time.
Online Class session won’t launch?
Make sure you are using Google Chrome, Safari, or Mozilla Firefox from a Mac or Windows PC when accessing your online sessions.
- Make sure all software on your computer is up to date. If you have logged on to your computer recently and it has asked you to make an update but you have not, please take the time to make the update now.
- If your internet connection is unstable or slow, you may experience problems with your online session. Students on wireless internet will see this more often than students using a wired connection. If possible, access your sessions on a computer with a wired ethernet connection.
- Another possible culprit is the browser. Every browser needs the Zoom plug-in to run smoothly. If, for any reason, the plug-in failed or crashed during launch you will continue to get the Zoom loading page.
- If the session hangs when you attempt to join a meeting, try closing the browser, and try re-launching in a new browser. For example, if you were attempting to launch a session in Safari and got stuck, you might try launching the session from Google Chrome.
- If you do not turn off your computer frequently, please do so now. If your computer prompts you to make any other software updates after your restart, please make those updates prior to attempting to join any online class session.
- Your webcam should automatically activate when you join the session. To activate or deactivate your webcam once you are logged into the virtual classroom, click on the camera/video icon next to your name in the bottom left corner of the window.
- Our partners at Zoom are online program and troubleshooting experts. If you follow the directions above and are still not able solve your issues, please call the Zoom Tech Support Team at: 888-799-9666 x2.
Issues with Zoom: Audio or Video issues?
- Audio or video issues with online session? Check your audio and video settings by clicking on the Audio or Video icons in the bottom left corner of the window.
- There are various audio outputs for a given computer. The default audio could be associated to a different speaker such as (AirPlay, Bluetooth Speakers, Etc.) and those speakers could be off or on low volume.
- This video is a great resource to help you troubleshoot your video and audio settings.
- Students should be mindful of if they have headphones plugged in or if they are using the external speakers. Zoom allows you to use a different speaker and mic (could be different from the default)
Supported Operating Systems
- Mac OSX 10.11 (Yosemite)
- Mac OSX 10.12 (Sierra)
- Max OSX 10.13 (High Sierra)
- Windows 10
- Chrome OS
- Safari 5 or higher
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer 9 or higher